Access Control and Entry options
Obviously, what you need for Access Control will depend upon your own circumstances but here are some of the options to consider. Contact me to discuss your needs and I can work with you to an appropriate solution.
- Keys and locks
- Pros - inexpensive, no power needed. Wide range available depending upon requirements
- Cons - where you have several keyholders, one key lost means a lock replacement and numerous replacement keys cut with the security issues that that brings.
- Standalone mechanical Keypad entry
- Pros - easy to fit, no power required. No keys needed, just give out the code to those that need it
- Cons - if someone leaves then a new code needs programming and distributing. Code can be untraceably passed onto others.
- Standalone Card Reader System
- Pros - Good for one or two doors. Fobs can be programmed at the door and a log of issued fobs can be kept. Easy to disable an individual fob if it gets lost or stolen.
- Cons - power required to the door (could be battery - for instance Hotel Room doors are battery powered). Not easily scalable as a retrofit.
- Networked Access Control system with electric locks
- Pros - Centrally administered. Easy to add, delete and change user details and access. A lost/stolen card can be disabled within minutes of being reported. Very scalable over multiple buildings
- Cons - Need power to the locks and card readers (nowadays this can be via a network cable - it does not need a separate power supply). Most expensive of all the solutions initially (but more economic in the longer term, especially for larger / multiple buildings)
Handles or pushbuttons? Fail Safe or Fail Secure? Electric strikes or magnetic locks? Card Reader in only or in & out? Is it a Fire Route? Entryphone? Video entryphone?
There are many options for your doors and it is a balance between security, Health & Safety and staff mobility. It is no use having Fort Knox if it takes forever for your staff to pop to the canteen for a coffee.
I can survey your property for you and provide an Access Plan for all your doors. From there, we can also provide the complete project-managed installation service as well. Call me to discuss further.+44 (0)1628 56 99 22
Call or email me today for a chat.
Pulse Corporation Ltd is wholly owned by myself. It has been in existence since 1997 so I am not a seven-day wonder and plan on being around for a while yet. You can find financial information on Pulse at Companies House and, although I haven't checked, the Credit Rating Agencies will have information as well.